Thursday, April 24, 2014

Spring Showers Jacket Pattern Tour and Discount Code

Spring Showers Jacket by nest full of eggs
 Hello from the land of 10,000 lakes. Mr. J is sporting his newest jacket that I sewed up for him for the Spring Showers Jacket Pattern Tour. Many thanks to Heidi of Elegance & Elephants for inviting me to participate.
Guy Cotten rain coat
Guy Cotten rain coat
 I'm going to hit the rewind button for just a moment… way back in 1999-2001 while we were living in France, our oldest son got a classic yellow rain coat. The brand name is Guy Cotten and it's from Brittany, France. All 3 of my children wore this coat (2 boys and a girl). Here's a photo of my daughter wearing the coat at age 2 in 2009.
Guy Cotten rain coat modeled
Guy Cotten coat modeled with yellow rain boots to match
 I love it that a yellow rain coat never goes out of style. My children no longer fit into that Guy Cotten coat, so I sewed up a big kid one using the newly released Spring Showers Jacket pattern. It comes in sizes 2/3 to 12 years. It's got a sewing level of 2.5 out of 4, it's not super difficult, but it is very time consuming as it's a fully lined jacket with lots of topstitching.
Spring Showers Jacket by nest full of eggs
 My favorite things about the pattern are that it:
  • is gender neutral
  • has a visor on the hood
  • has a lower back hemline
  • has a hanging loop
Spring Showers Jacket by nest full of eggs
Hello octopus... hello octopus
 Project details
Pattern: Spring Showers Jacket by Heidi of Elegance & Elephants
Size: 6/7 with added length (about 1.5 inches)
Fabrics:
main: yellow twill (I quite like working with twill)
lining: Free Spirit, Salt water - Octo Garden - Aqua
Notions: 20 inch separating zipper

Spring Showers Jacket by nest full of eggs
 This was the first time I sewed an Elegance and Elephant's pattern and I found it to be of a very high quality, with many photos for the steps, the option to print out just one size, and the option to cut out a few pattern pieces with using measurements or print out pattern pieces.

All in all I had very satisfying results.
Spring Showers Jacket by nest full of eggs
It's raining outside today... so can you guess what jacket he's wearing?
Spring Showers Jacket by nest full of eggs
Exciting news! There is a discount for nest full of eggs readers during the tour. To receive a dollar off the price of the pattern, use discount code: TOUR. You can go here to purchase the Spring Showers Jacket Pattern.

Elegance & Elephants